2.4.11

Spring Flower Nail Art Design & Poll Results!



I did this mani specifically so I could do a tutorial for an easy beginner nail art design and just guess what happened? MY CAMERA NEVER RECORDED IT!! Ahh! =( It recorded everything except when I did my ring finger- which was the whole point of the video. lol Needless to say I am a little bummed, but I will either do another design with this technique, or I might just repaint 2 fingers like I did for the last tutorial. No biggie! But if you wanted to achieve this effect it is super easy. Here is how you do it. Paint your nails a white color for a base. Pick 4 spring colored polishes, and gently tap the brush onto random spots on your nail. Then take a green polish and make little V's and lines to create "leaves" and your done! Easy right? But you know me, and I had to bring it up a notch, so here is the same design with some sparkle ...

UPDATE: I made a tutorial for this design. Click here to see how it's done! =)



& here is the long list of products used ...

-Ring Finger-
Pink Color: Sinful Colors "Cream Pink"
Blue Color: Sinful Colors "Savage"
Purple Color: China Glaze "Spontaneous"
Yellow Color: Sinful Colors "Let's Meet"
Green Color: Revlon "Emerald City"

-Other Fingers-
Pink Color: Finger Paints - "I Pink I Can"

-Rhinestones & Decorations-
Ebay.com & JoAnns.com

Also, I got the idea for my new watermark from Abby at Lovely In Laquer, who just posted an amazingly pretty pink glitter gradient nail design you should check out =). I loved this idea and thought it looked sooo cute. I made my watermark into a brush and I have to admit it made my life so much easier when it came to editing my pics. I got a few designs I'm fiddling with, so you'll see the variation of them on my upcoming posts. =)

Now onto the poll results. Last week, I asked my lovely readers how many nail polishes they had in their collection. What prompted me to ask this question is there was a few blogs I read that mentioned their polish count at about 600-800+!!! I started to think this was the average number of polishes for a nail blogger to have and was wondering if I should be embarrassed of my polish counter on the side lmao! But then I just asked and was happy to see that most of you had the same amount of polishes as me! =D Although there was a few votes for 400+ polishes.. sigh.. those lucky, lucky girls. lol
I will be posting a new poll question on my blog when I am done with this & I also have some new polishes and swatches I have to show you in the next few days!

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty- i LOVE your ring finger!! It's kind of looks like watercolors- lovely! And your watermark is really cute! I can't wait to see what variations you do, and which one you decide on haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so pretty!!! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! I was one of the 400-600 polishes votes I was a little ashammed to admit I have that many! I really like your polish counter I keep track how many and which polishes I have on a spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see this tutorial if you decide to redo it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I literally gasped out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Julie your accent nail is beautiful!! Your others are too, but that one really stands out! :o)

    i have to try this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are so pretty, the floral one is so cool. I like how you just did one nail like that. Great blog
    Following you now. :)
    I have a fashion blog here in SF.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! And I love the new water mark! I just found a new font that I started using... it's curly and fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the sweet comments!! =)

    *Abby~ thanks so much for the idea!!
    *Shadow~ don't be ashamed! Me & every other girl would love to have that many polishes & it does take time to collect that many. & I wanna make a spreadsheet for my polishes now lol.
    *Freshie~ I'm thinking I might upload a picture tutorial this week! =)
    *PurpleGreenJoy~ haha awww! Ur comment made me literally laugh out loud! lol I loved it!!<3
    *Jess~ Yay! ty! If you ever try it out I would love to see it!!
    *Dale~ ty so much! I am your newest follower!
    *Amber~ Thanks! & aww that sounds soo cute! I'll have to check out ur blog to see it! <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3.4.11

    this is so pretty! you picked the perfect colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. huohh! i thought the ring finger was a foil nail, but after read ans see it closely, it's you own painting! this is so creative. i wish you do a tutorial of this. im in love with this

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girly nail art design :) more nail art design visit this website http://www.glitternailproduct.imsets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Background design is really attractive.. I'll be darned! I've never even HEARD of the dotting tool! Awesome! You make it look so easy.. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog & commenting! I will respond to all your comments, comment on your blog, and follow you if I don't already. It's just my lil way of making the world go 'round! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...