3.4.11

Oh My GOSH HOLOGRAPHIC & New Polishes!

 (w/flash)

 LED Light

 Fluorescent Light

LED Light

Sunlight

Do I even need to say anything?! I will anyway- even though I think the pictures speak for themselves lol. My Mom gave me some early Easter presents, including this Gosh Holographic polish which makes me feel bad after knowing how much she spent! lol If you ever checked out this polish on Ebay, you will know what I am talking about. But nonetheless, my Mom has given me the best polishes in my collection =)

I was having some trouble with this polish at first. I tried it out on my mom's nails that were already prepped with a base coat and the polish was like slipping and moving around on her nails. It was kinda weird. Then I tried to apply this over Sally Hansen's "Pure Chrome" and it worked a lot better over this polish. Apparently you are supposed to use this polish with a special base coat, so maybe that makes all the difference. The one thing I didn't like about this polish is you only get that awesome rainbow effect in certain lighting and angles. I got the best rainbow effect with flash lighting and LED lighting & in some lighting it looked like a regular silver polish. (I'm not sure if that was due to my base color though) I am going to play with this polish some and see what works and what doesn't, but either way, it is still gorgeous and I would guard this polish with my life! lol

Next up are these beautiful Deborah Lippmann polishes that my Mom also got me! (Bless her dear heart! lol) The blue one is "Across The Universe" and the red one is "Ruby Red Slippers." After seeing these polishes in person, I think this is going to be that brand that I am going to collect and make a special little spot for in my nail polish stash. =) They are just soo pretty I am afraid to even paint my nails with them because I don't want to waste any! lol I love the multiple glitter shapes and colors in these polishes, it really gives them this multi-dimensional effect that is so unique. Here is a close up so you can see what I am talking about..

I feel like my life is more complete with these polishes. lol It will be even more complete when I have the new BM plates too! =)

This week I will have more swatches & a review, a picture tutorial for my spring flowers nail design, and a really pretty pedicure that I will have to do more than once!

17 comments:

  1. Sikke3.4.11

    Damn that Silvet looks georgerous! I'm so happy that I've that in my collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove GOSH Holo...

    But jeez!! Gosh Holo AND Deborah Lippmann glitters?! Can I have your mom?? I want those glitters SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just ordered gosh holo on ebay last night. and i'm considering buying some deborah lippmann's as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely polish, I'm a great fan of Holos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahhh, such a sweet & awesome package your mom got you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your mom is so sweet, you not only got GOSH but also DL, I'm so jealous, all of them are great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom is awesome. :D My mother refuse to buy me any polish just because I've "too many" of them. :D Can't wait to see DL swatches - her glitters are just a m a z i n g. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh oh oh! HOLO so freaking cool
    i love it, i've been looking that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked ebay and I can't believe the price is that high! This might be the only time when living in Finland actually pays off because a few months ago, I was just able to walk into a department store and buy that polish. Too bad they discontinued it (or so I've heard) because that's one amazing polish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such an amazing polish.. But I'm certain that it's the base color that makes it look only silver in some lights.. I wore this a week ago, and even with minimal light it was just exploding rainbows!

    I didn't have that special base coat, but I just made sure not to go over the same spot twice, and then it was actually quite easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mom is awesome!!! >.< gosh holo is amazing as usual, and cant wait to see the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time i see this polish i am amazed...and jealous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! i want Holographic and Across the Universe so bad! I can't wait to see what you do with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Gosh holo. I also spent an arm and a leg for it on ebay. Can we trade mothers I wish my mom would buy me some polishes. Lippmann Glitters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Have you entered the Bundle Monster contest?? I have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha!! Thanks for all the lovely comments! These are def. my fav. polishes! & my mom also enjoyed the comments! =D (Unfortunately, I am not willing to give her up though lol)
    *Swaafe~ ooh thanks for the advice! I am going to try this polish out again using a few different base coats. Thanks for the advice!
    *Cherish~ Not yet, but I will! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous29.4.11

    Oh, GOSH Holgraphic is so amazing! I do have GOSH Holographic and the special basecoat. For a GOSH Nail Polish, here in Europe, i pay about 12 USD. Is that That Much? :o - And if you wonder, the special basecoat do work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog & commenting! I will respond to all your comments, comment on your blog, and follow you if I don't already. It's just my lil way of making the world go 'round! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...